Scroll down for...
- What is Panda Post?
- What age can I sign my child up?
- Does Panda Post come every week?
- Who writes Panda Post?
- Who illustrates Panda Post?
- What day will Panda Post arrive?
- What if my child is a confident reader?
- What if my child is not a confident reader?
- How does my child get the right reading level in Panda Post?
- Can my child sign up even if they are not in Reception or Year 1?
- Do you send Panda Post outside of the UK?
- Can my child write back to Panda?
- Is Panda Post for girls or boys?
- Will Panda Post teach my child to read?
- Do I pay separately for postage?
Question not covered? Email us.
1. What is Panda Post?
Panda's the perfect pen pal, sending your child a friendly, fun, targeted reading exercise every single week. And what’s more… post from Panda is real post, using the excitement of their very own letter to propel children into becoming excited, happy readers. An amazing combination!
2. What age can I sign my child up?
Regular Panda Post is open to children in Reception, UK.
3. Does Panda Post come every week?
Panda Post comes every single week.
4. Who writes Panda Post?
Panda Post was created and written by children’s author and mum, Dr Yasmin Finch.
5. Who illustrates Panda Post?
The super cute little pandas are created by artist Wiwin Papilaya. Yasmin is responsible for designing and editing the letters.
6. What day will Panda Post arrive?
Panda Post usually arrives mid week and your first piece of Panda Post will arrive shortly after you sign up.
7. What if my child is a confident reader?
Panda Post helps make good readers great! Confident readers get the buzz of using their new skill in a grown-up way. The best thing for confident readers is to enjoy the fun of the experience with them and let them spread their wings.
8. What if my child is not a confident reader?
Panda Post can really help non confident readers. The best thing is to make it a game you do together. Encourage them to just read the first colour block of text on the letter and you read the rest, until they're ready to read more.
9. How does my child get the right reading level in Panda Post?
Panda Post carefully targets exactly where children are in the school year. If it's November, they get a totally different letter to July!
All letters complement the UK Phonics National Curriculum.
10. Can my child sign up even if they are not in Reception?
Of course! You're welcome to try Panda Post at any time. Children enjoy it at lots of ages and stages, but you may find that it's too easy or hard for them. The great thing about Panda Post is there's no contract and you can unsubscribe at any time.
11. Do you send Panda Post outside of the UK?
No, sorry. At the moment Panda Post is only available to UK customers. Watch this space for future updates though!
12. Can my child write back to Panda?
Yes, send your letters to:
19 Audley Close
13. Is Panda Post for girls or boys?
Panda Post has been carefully designed to appeal to both girls and boys, and we've had great feedback from the parents of both.
14. Will Panda Post teach my child to read?
It will help a lot. Panda Post is about your child practising their new skill. All the hard work of learning new letters and sounds still happens at school but Panda Post gives them a chance to build their confidence and enjoy their new ability.
It adds some magic and rewards all their hard work.
15. Do I pay separately for postage?
There are no extra p&p costs. All postage costs are included in the price at checkout.